With social distancing and self-isolation, it is getting increasingly harder for people to look after their health.
It is widely recommended to invest in a good coronavirus health insurance policy right now—it can offer financial cover for the best treatment options in case of an unexpected diagnosis. But, there are a few more things that can ensure your health is protected.
You must focus on your physical and mental health during this lockdown period by exercising daily at home, following correct dietary habits, and ensuring your mental wellness. Both the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend many ways to do so. Read on to know more.
Exercises that you must do
You do not have to stop working out just because your gym is closed. In fact, the WHO suggests that you burn some calories during this time.
Here is a list of some workouts you can do at home:
- Use home gym equipment like a stationary cycle or treadmill for 30 minutes, if you have the facility.
- Practice movement exercises in the morning, afternoon, and evening, for 10-minute sessions.
- Sign up for online training or yoga courses from home.
- Walk up and down the staircase in your home or building .
- Jog in one position or practice jumping jacks.
- Try out push-ups and sit-ups.
- Follow a daily high-intensity interval training routine.
Dietary habits that you must follow
Getting health insurance for coronavirus and regularly exercising at home can protect you from the hospitalization costs as well as the disease. However, doing just this much is not enough. You need to adapt to a healthy diet to build your immunity.
Below is a list of foods that you should consume on a daily basis.
- Vegetables, fruits, and whole grains rich in complex carbohydrates.
- Iron-, selenium-, zinc-, and vitamin-rich foods, to help release dopamine and serotonin, which keep you mentally happy.
- Leafy green vegetables, which are natural sources of Vitamin B and help fight depression.
- Yogurt, to keep the gut healthy.
Mental wellness tips to remember
Keeping your mind healthy during the lockdown is as important as keeping your body fit. One of the worst things about staying in quarantine is not being able to meet your loved ones. This can cause a lot of emotional pain.
To ease this, you must:
- Keep in touch with relatives via phone calls, texts, and video calls.
- Maintain a healthy sleeping habit, as lack of sleep can seriously decline your mental health.
- Practice meditation at least twice a day.
- Invest in a COVID-19 health insurance policy to have peace of mind; dong this can help you fight stress and anxiety.
Health insurance: An added protection
Sometimes, doing everything right may not guarantee the best outcome. If despite all the precautionary measures you contract the Coronavirus, you will require medical treatment and hospitalization. As long as you avail a mediclaim insurance plan that covers COVID-19, you need not worry about such expenses.
You can easily compare health insurance policies online to find one that offers the need-of-the-hour COVID-19 cover.