Do you ever look in the mirror and wish that you could just lift the bits that have started to sag? Well, now there’s a solution – thread lifts!
So what is a thread lift, and should you get one? Keep reading to find out!
What is a Thread Lift and What does it do for the Face?
Skin imperfections can come in many different forms, from wrinkles and fine lines to sagging skin and age spots. Luckily, there are a variety of treatments available to help improve the appearance of the skin.
One such treatment is known as a thread lift. A thread lift is a minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure that can help to tighten and lift loose or sagging skin. The procedure involves the use of special threads that are inserted beneath the skin.
The threads are then pulled tight to lift the skin. In some cases, the threads may be left in place to provide ongoing support. Thread lifts can be used on many different parts of the body, including the face, neck, and arms.
Thread lifts offer a number of benefits over traditional surgical procedures. They are often less expensive and have a shorter recovery time. Additionally, thread lifts carry a lower risk of complications and side effects.
However, it is important to note that results from a thread lift are typically not as long-lasting as those from surgery. If you are considering a thread lift, be sure to talk to a qualified cosmetic surgeon to discuss whether the procedure is right for you.
How long does it take to recover from Thread Lift?
The results from a thread lift are almost instantaneous! As soon as the threads are placed in the appropriate positions, you’ll see a visible difference in your facial appearance.
The skin will look tighter and lifted, and you’ll appear more youthful and refreshed. It is also important to note that immediately following a thread lift; you may experience some bruising, swelling, and/or redness around the treatment area.
If you’re considering thread lift in Singapore, the biggest issue that could be bothering you is how long it will take to recover from the procedure. We are here to tell you that recovery time is actually relatively short!
In most cases, patients are able to return to their normal activities within a few days. However, it is important to avoid strenuous activity and exposing the treatment area to sunlight for at least two weeks. A few other things your plastic surgeon may want you to avoid to ensure a speedy recovery after your thread lift in Singapore include:
- Wearing makeup: Remember that during the first few days, your skin will still be healing! To avoid irritation, it is best to avoid wearing makeup around the treatment area.
- Drinking alcohol: It is important to avoid drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours after your thread lift procedure. Alcohol can cause dehydration, which can lead to increased bruising and swelling.
- Smoking: Smoking is another no-no after a thread lift. The act of smoking can actually delay the healing process, so it is best to avoid it altogether.
- Pulling your facial skin: After a thread lift, it is important to avoid pulling or rubbing the skin around the treatment area. This can cause the threads to become dislodged, which could lead to complications.
- Scrubbing or exfoliating your skin: Just like with makeup, it is important to avoid scrubbing or exfoliating the skin around the treatment area. This can cause irritation and delay the healing process.
If you follow all of your plastic surgeon’s post-operative instructions, you should have a smooth and speedy recovery! And if you have any questions or concerns about recovery from a thread lift, be sure to talk to your doctor or cosmetic surgeon. They will be able to provide you with specific instructions based on your individual situation.
What Risks are Associated with Getting a Thread Lift Done?
As with any cosmetic procedure, there are always risks associated with getting a thread lift done. However, the risks are often very low and can be easily managed by a qualified plastic surgeon. Some of the most common risks associated with a thread lift include:
- Bruising: This is the most common side effect associated with a thread lift. It is important to note that bruising can often be avoided by avoiding alcohol and strenuous activity for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Swelling: Just like with bruising, swelling is also a common side effect of a thread lift. However, it can often be minimized by avoiding alcohol and strenuous activity for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Infection: Although it is rare, an infection can occur after a thread lift. This is why it is so important to choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to perform the procedure.
- Thread displacement: In some rare cases, the threads used in a thread lift can become displaced. This can often be avoided by avoiding facial expressions and movements that put undue stress on the threads.
It is important to note that the risks associated with a thread lift are often very low. However, it is still important to discuss all of the risks and possible side effects with your plastic surgeon before getting the procedure done. This way, you can be sure that you are making the best decision for your unique situation.
Should you get a Thread Lift?
If you are looking for a way to achieve a more youthful appearance but are not ready for a traditional facelift, a thread lift in Singapore may be right for you. As you can see from the information above, a thread lift can provide many benefits with minimal risks.
Of course, the best way to determine if a thread lift is right for you is to talk to a qualified plastic surgeon. They will be able to assess your individual needs and give you specific recommendations based on your goals.
Perhaps the only instance when you may actually not need thread lift and possibly be advised against it is if you’re not a good candidate for the procedure. A knowledgeable plastic surgeon will be able to tell you this.
So, if you’re unsure whether getting a thread lift in Singapore is right for you, be sure to consult with a reputable plastic surgeon today! They will be able to guide you in making the best decision for your unique needs and goals.
Dr. Edwin Lim is a board-certified plastic surgeon with several years of experience performing thread lifts. He can assess your individual needs and give you specific recommendations based on your goals. Contact us today to learn more about thread lifts in Singapore or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lim! Call: 65 6904 2218 or visit us at:
Edwin Lim Medical Aesthetic Clinic (Orchard)
304 Orchard Rd, #05-51 Lucky Plaza, Singapore 238863
+65 6904 2218